- education, health, social services, etc.
- fire, police
- The Tokyo police department is clamping down on organized crime
DEPARTMENT + NOUN
- official, spokesman, spokesperson, spokeswoman, staff
- ~ of
- the Department of the Environment
- accident and emergency, casualty, outpatient, physiotherapy
- design, finance, marketing, personnel, planning, publicity, sales, etc.
- biology, English, maths, etc.
VERB + DEPARTMENT
- manage, run
- Staff criticized the way the history department was run
- in a/the ~
- Complaints are dealt with in a different department
- within a/the ~
- to gain promotion within the department
- ~ of
- the Department of Town Planning
- the head of (a) department, a member of a department