- be, look, seem
- He went mad and spent the rest of his life locked up in a mental hospital. The world had gone completely mad
- drive sb
- His experiences in the First World War drove him mad. The children are driving me mad!
- consider sb, think sb
- Her colleagues thought her quite mad
- pronounce sb
- absolutely, completely, quite, utterly
- barking, (stark) raving
- What a barking mad idea! You must be stark raving mad to risk your money like that!
- a bit, half, a little, slightly
- I went mad with joy and danced a little jig
- be, feel, look
- I get so mad when people don't take me seriously
- make sb
- It makes me really mad when people waste food
- hopping, really
- My mum's absolutely mad with me!